Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bicycle! Bicycle! Bicycle! I Want To Ride My Bicycle!

I ride my bicycle to work most days, trying to lose weight and be environmentally friendly. I pass a house a few blocks up on my route and a man is almost always out in the morning with a young boy and we always exchange neighborly "hello"s or "good morning"s, often with a wave to the boy. They are usually on the porch, but today the man was doing some gardening and was close to the fence when I rode by. We engaged in our normal exchange and then he said "I love that bike." "Thanks," I yelled behind me because I had already ridden past. This brief exchange made my day a little brighter. Plus? My bike IS awesome!



Then on the ride home, I rode in the bike lane along with several ice cream bikes. Who knew such a thing existed! I was thinking of starting a bicycle rickshaw as a second source of income (need to keep that travel fund full), but a ice cream bicycle would be so much more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment