Monday, July 12, 2010

Adventures in Babycycling

Today's bicycle commuting adventure comes to you courtesy of an unidentified child who shared the bike lane with me on my way to work, along with a woman I presumed to be his mother.  He was riding along ahead of me but behind her, most the time working the insouciant, hands free maneuver so familiar to me from my own youth.  His riding seemed so joyous and fun, and I remembered this technique as being so easy, so I decided to try hands free riding myself.  My short-lived, wobbly attempt made me reconsider relearning this skill whilst riding in a lane where a mishap would place me in the path of oncoming vehicles. It would appear my balance is not what it was as a twelve year old athlete.  I'll try it out at the park instead where I only risk being run over by the less lethal dog walkers, roller-skaters, joggers, or fellow cyclists.

No comments:

Post a Comment